“See what you are. Don’t ask others, don’t let others tell you about yourself. Look within and see.”
In today’s quote Indian guru Nisargadatta Maharaj reminds us that at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what others think of us as it really depends on we see ourselves. It is up to us to look within ourselves and recognize this. On developinggoodhabits.com there are 8 tips given on how we can all boost our own self awareness in order to do just as Nisargadatta Maharaj encourages us to do:
1. Look at yourself objectively.
2. Keep a journal.
3. Write down your goals, plans, and priorities.
4. Perform daily self-reflection.
5. Practice meditation and other mindfulness habits.
6. Take personality and psychometric tests.
7. Ask trusted friends to describe you.
8. Ask for feedback at work.
Remember that if we are able to recognize and understand ourselves better this will help open the door for us to do the same with others.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards improving your self awareness?